Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 9, 2010

(72) Sculpture

For a Friday afternoon workshop, our teacher Tara offered a sculpture class.
I jumped on the oppurtunity and made a little sculpture based off of this sketch I did up before.

This sculpture I wanted to do right, so I screwed down wire to a wooden base, used twine to bulk it up a bit, then I covered the twine in masking tape (to A- help the fibres from the twine to be easily controlled, and B- to hold its shape easier) This also made the clay easier to work with once it was applied to the armature.

I baked it for three 5 minute intervals (the clay isn't on very thick), and then I primed it with a couple coats of white, and applied some acrylic to it.



I used a black pen to put on the eyes. And I'm probably going to do another coat on the wonky looking hands.


Also, I'm starting a little (18" by 12") painting of The Goon, using oils (for the first time) and acrylics.
This is a very very rough, early state.
I still have quite a ways to go.
That's all.

1 comment:

greener said...

This looks like Heather, in her earlier years...